Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Want to Earn a Million Bucks?

I have belatedly discovered what I believe is the easiest way of earning $1 million bucks.

Create a Web site that contains 1 million pixels. Sell each pixel for $1. Sit back and watch the money roll in.

Alex Tew, 21, of Wiltshire, England, launched The Million Dollar Home Page in the fall of 2005. In less than five months he sold 1 million pixels at $1 each.

Sweet!

Instead of taking out loans or asking his parents to pay for college, the entrepreneurial Alex conceived of this idea and is now able to pay for his own education. This is a fantastic idea.

The only knock that I have on this business model is that hustling pixels limited him to just $1 million.

However, if this idea is any indication, I’m sure that Alex will come up with another successful money-making venture to pay for grad school.

2 comments:

Erik Eckel said...

This was one of those ideas that made me go, "doh!, why didn't I think of that?"

Steven Pittsley said...

Yeah, me too. The simplicity and elegance is just amazing.