Sunday, May 06, 2007

Street Sense Wins Derby

Those of you who know me know that I love horse racing. There’s something magical about watching those beautiful, noble creatures glide along the track.

So imagine my disappointment when I realized that I wouldn’t be able to watch the 133rd Kentucky Derby because I was going to an arena football game.


I love football, too, but the "most exciting two minutes in sports" only happens once a year.

Making that decision was tough, but it was made easier because I was fairly confident that I’d be able to watch my favorite equine event on YouTube.

Sure enough, it took just a couple of minutes to find a replay of yesterday’s race.

While it wasn’t as exciting as watching the race live on TV or actually being at Churchill Downs as I was in 2000, this YouTube solution was a quick and easy way to get my first Triple Crown fix of the year.

Hopefully I won’t miss the next two Triple Crown races this year, but if I do I know that YouTube will make it easy for me to catch the races once I get home.

Good luck Street Sense. I hope that you prove the skeptics wrong and become the next Triple Crown winner.

No comments: